Sunday, July 11, 2010

Favourite Highlighters by Benefit


Not sure if you guys bother with highlighting in your everyday makeup routine but I find it's one way to make your skin "glow" just like those Korean actresses who always have perfect luminous skin. Sorry my camera doesn't take the best pictures- I actually look too shiny because of the flash- but in reality it's a very light shimmer.

There are many ways to highlight but here is what I use- it just so happens that both these products are by Benefit. There are alternatives out there and I will suggest a few at the end:)

Below is Benefit "10" and its a duo colour powder with a very shimmery light pink highlight and then a darker shade for contouring. I use a big fluffy brush and give it a couple of swirls and place the lighter colour on the top of my cheeks and then naturally the darker will be placed on the lower half of the cheek- all in one swipe of the brush. So easy! (as shown in the pic above) It comes with its own brush but I prefer using a big fluffy brush instead whish is easy to blend so as to avoid a striped effect. Not a very good look!

And finally I use the liquid highlighter "High Beam" for smaller areas such as the eyebrow bone and the bridge of my nose and a little bit on the highest part of my cheeks. This is also great to mix with your foundation and get a luminous effect. The good thing about these products is that it's not over the top glittery so you look like a fairy- unless that's the look are after. But otherwise the overall effect is very subtle.

If you can't get your hands on Benefit- there is another way! I sometimes use eyeshadows for highlighting and it works just as well. Eg. Mac E/S Jest or Naked Lunch. Jest is my favourite of the two- it gives are very nice "glow" and great finish too! I wouldn't suggest using anything too glittery- it's not the same effect!
I recently bought this on ebay- Skin Food Lime Secret Shine Base and can't wait to try it out. It comes in 3 colours but I chose the gold finish since I don't have this colour. If you've tried this please let me know what you think:)

7 comments:

Tanya said...

you look beautiful, your skin is glowing.

Shaimaa said...

Loved the effect that it gives
maybe it will be in my shopping list next
thanks for the post

Sophia said...

I like Benefit as a brand a lot. I used the bronzer! Thanks for sharing. If you're looking for beauty tips, make sure to check out Fit&FabLiving!

Shanghainese Dumpling said...

Thanks for the review, I must admit I haven't really bothered with high lighter actually :) but I do own one which is that shimmery block from Bobbi Brown. But that high lighter make your skin look glowy, very pretty...

Diana said...

I love your blog! I just went through 20+ posts. I'm a bit late but congrats on getting married!

Eyeon Model said...

I think many benefit this product. Thanks this good inform post at this site. I like this good think.
Agence hotesses evenementiel Paris

Anonymous said...

Amazing such a sexy and youthful beauty is a mum!!

What is your secret?