Saturday, September 12, 2009

Weekend Red Lips & Hairstyle

M.A.C Lady Danger

After my depotting frenzy, I managed to get a lot of empty MAC eyeshadow pots (Hurrah!) so I can go and swap 6 of them for a free lippie from MAC! I got myself a coral red lipstick M.A.C's Lady Danger and it's so vibrant! I tried it on straight away on the train back home and realised I still had my blue Shu Uemura gel liner on. My fiance said I looked like the Joker! haha!

So only wear red lipstick with very simple eye makeup- or you'll look like a clown:) Unless that's the look you want!
Here is Christina Aguilera with her signature red lipstick and blonde hair look. Classic but not boring!

How can I not mention Gwen? Queen of red lips!

I was looking at MAC's Rubywoo but I thought Lady Danger was more suited to my skin tone. Rubywoo is a gorgeous red lipstick too in a matte formula.


And the hairdo I tried out today is a copycat from a magazine. It's a hairdo straight from the runway by Carolina Herrera.



Here is a summarised steps on how to do the "Roll" from the mag:
Part your hair on the side and take the front section of the hair and twist it backwards into a thin roll, pinning your hair as you go. Repeat this on the other side of your head and then you tie your hair into a low pony or a bun. Doesn't have to be perfect!


Sorry you can't see my hair properly since my hair is so dark! But I did mine in a ponytail.

16 comments:

Summer Darling said...

oh my u look hot in your sexy red lips..i love the look!!

Michelle @Lipstickrules said...

Love the red! You look beautiful.

krissy ♥ said...

You loook so pretty!

Dita von Teese is another pretty woman who rocks red lips :)

Funkiimonkee said...

How could I forget dita! ahaha thanks for the nice comments guys:))))

CHARRY said...

love the red lipstick on you. very pretty!

HT said...

Loooove the red lips on you! It looks beautiful! I'm not brave enough to do that, hahah.

LipGlossGossip said...

You look beautiful! :-)

Emily said...

wah~ so gorgeous

u look very pretty with those red lips and great hairstyle!

hanidee said...

Red lips suit you great dear! Lady Danger has a nice blue undertone to it. I was thinking of getting it myself, though MAC lipsticks tend to be drying on me, haha. That hairstyle is so pretty and looks great for spring. I'll try that once I grow out my hair, lol.

Pammy said...

Pretty look! The shade you picked suits you well. :)

Chenni said...

you are gorgeous.

Sara (The Makeup Snob.com) said...

You look amazing! Red lips were made for you!!

M. said...

leave it up to the hubbys to say something funny like that! my hubby would have said the same thing. i think you look gorg. the red lip looks fab and i'm loving the hair as well.

Shanghainese Dumpling said...

I like that red lips and the hair style hehe so pretty :)
I'll have to try that one day hopefully I'll succeed

Fafibaby12 said...

You are gorgeous love! Lovin the red lips and i love christina aguilera's blonde hair do<3

Michelle Lee said...

Love that hairstyle!!! Hopefully I'll be able to figure out how to do that one day!!