Monday, June 22, 2009

My Favourite Beauty Items


























Top left to right: Laura Mercier Undercover Pot-3, Benefit Brightening Face Powder "Dandelion", MAC's Mineralize Skin Finish "Soft & Gentle", Bobbi Brown's Gel Eyeliner "Black Ink",
Missha M Perfect Cover BB Cream No.23, Covergirl's Lash Blast Mascara, Rimmel Glam Eyes Mascara, Benefit High Beam

The above items are all my fave at the moment. I use it nearly everyday! Here is a quick rundown on each of the items:

LM Undercover Pot: I was recommended this product by a girl from the LM counter when I went for my lil makeover session. She says its much better than the LM Secret Camouflage concealer (which I also have!) But I bought this anyway cos I'm a sucker when it comes to beauty products, if they say its good, I believe them! Anyway, she managed to cover all my blemishes and I was breaking out quite bad last week but she managed to make it look really natural. Even my fiance was impressed and he says it doesnt look like I had make up on! So I bought the foundation too (LM silk creme luminous foundation). I have to say they are both quite good products but I particularly like the undercover pot because its split into three sections. The top section has two concealers- one for under the eyes, its much more creamier, and the thicker concealer is for blemishes and scars etc. and the bottom half is a loose fitting powder for setting your concealer. Three in one-Genius!

Benefit Dandelion: This is my second purchase of this product and I have to say its a staple in my make up collection because it is such a beautiful, pretty pink colour with a hint of shimmer. It looks great on pale skins like me:) 10 by Benefit is also another great highlighter and its quite similar to....

MAC Mineralize Skin Finish Soft & Gentle: I think all MAC Mineralize Finish products are really good but I resticted myself to one product (for now!) and its the "Soft & Gentle" skin finish which gives you a nice sheen for an all over shimmer look. I apply it after my blush and use it on my cheekbones and temples to give me a pretty "glow".

Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliners: I am addicted to these and its so easy to use especially for the cat eye effect and for tight lining. Actually, at first, I found it very awkward to use because I was a pencil eyeliner type of gal, but once you get used to it (with the right brush of course) its a breeze! I use a stiff flat brush (eg. MAC 212) but you can also use a small rounded tip brush or an angled brush. BB gel eyeliners come in other colours too!

Missha M Perfect Cover BB Cream: I never heard of BB (Blemish Balm) Creams until Lindi from Bubzbeauty introduced it to all her fans! (She's the best!) I bought mine on ebay and it comes with samples too- yay! Anyway, its kinda like a foundation but it's also treats your skin at the same time. To be honest, I didnt see my skin get any better after two months of use but I still think its a great product because its not cakey like other foundations. The downside is, it comes in two colours only (21/23). I am a 23, so I am lucky it matches my skin tone. I will be trying out other types of BB creams after I finish with this one:)

Covergirl Lash Blash: The other mascara I really like is Covergirl's Lash Blast. The wand is HUGE! That means you get heaps of volume and length with this mascara, almost like a fake lashes effect. Highly recommend it. I find the waterproof version a bit dry so I prefer to get the normal version.


Rimmel Glam Eyes Mascara: I recently tried Rimmel's Glam Eyes mascara and so far so great! I like how it separates all my lashes and it lengthens quite a bit. The only thing I find a bit annoying is the wand itself, it can get a bit "bendy" so when I try to put the wand back into the tube I kinda slip and get it on my hands. Then again, I'm known to be a bit clumsy!:P

Benefit High Beam: This is a great highlighter for your cheekbones, temples, nose and forehead. You can mix a bit of this into your foundation so it gives a nice dewy, luminous finish. Its like a nail polish, but you use your fingers or a brush to apply.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Shell! Just read thru all your blog posts! Haven't talked about makeup with u in a long while. And after reading thru your blog, i've got so many questions! So I can't wait to see ya this Saturday! It'll be so much be fun :)

vanilla said...

i have glam eyes too but i was dissapointed,nothing special
hehehe
yeah it can bee too 'bendy',but its okay for me.hehehe