Asian eyes are different from those of western origins so we need to approach it differently when we apply our makeup. Asian eyes look great with eyeliner and we need lengthening mascaras and false lashes because our lashes tend to grow straight down! So we need to be experts with our eyelash curlers!
In most cases, our main goal is to enlarge the eyes. When we look at most advertisements and magazines in Asia, the most popular makeup look is natural, natural, natural. Although this is a very flattering look for most asians, I find that the use of colours can also work just as well and in some cases it can totally transform the look.
So here are some tips:
- Be sure to have an eyelash curler!
- Falsh eyelashes is one of your must-have items
- Eyelash extensions are great for a natural look and it makes a huge difference!
- Always groom your brows
- Graduating your eye makeup from your eyelash line to your brows will help to give your eyes more depth. You should use the darkest shade along your eyelash line fade this into lighter shades of color nearer your eyebrow. Make sure you put a highlighter colour on your brow bone.
- For a dramatic look, try using shades of purple or plum. That will make your eyes really pop!
- Highlight the inner corners of your eyes with a light shimmery colour. I like to use "Goldmine" from MAC.
Hope this helps and feel free to leave any more tips you may have! I would love to learn some more tricks!