Monday, September 7, 2009

Mad For Illamasqua

I love this video tutorial by Illamasqua. It's a different take on the smokey eye look and it looks so "Twilight"! I am excited just looking at it- although I am sad to say my fiance has said "no!" to cosmetics purchases! I am forcing myself to not buy their products- it's very hard! I find myself browsing their website and then checking out but when it comes to paying with my trusty credit card...I just stop and think about how mad he will be when he finds it on the statement!
Anyway, hope you like it as much as I do! I would love to try it out- maybe for a dress up party or something! I probably will scare the my fiance half to death- which is fun! ahaha My sister is in New York at the moment- I might give her a call and tell her to go to Sephora and get me some! He won't be able to track this! *Evil Grin*


Here is another inspirational look by Pixiwoo. Love their work!



I want this liquid metal eyeshadow in "Solstice"! It is something I definitely don't have in my collection. Do you get makeup amnesia sometimes? I tend to buy the same colour blush- the light pink ones especially!


Anyway, here is my attempt at combining the two video tutorials above into one look! It's not as crazy so it's definitely wearable and I got a chance to try out some false eyelashes:) They make a huuuggeee difference. A bit uncomfortable though- the sufferings of makeup application for beauty! It's worth it:P





Products Used:


FACE:
  • Lioele BB Cream
  • MUFE HD Powder
  • Laura Mercier Undercover Pot concealer & Mineral Powder
Brows:
  • Benefit Browzings (Love this!)

Eyes:

  • MAC E/Shadows Creme De Violet & Satellite Dreams
  • MAC Pigment Jardin Aires
  • Revlon Colorstay Liquid Eyeliner
  • Rimmel Purple Eyeliner
  • Bobbi Brown Gel Liner Expresso Ink
  • Oopps! I forgot to use mascara!
  • Nuovo False Eyelashes

Cheeks:

  • Benefit 10
  • Benefit Dandelion
  • Benefit High Beam

Lips:

  • MAC Lip pencil "Spice"
  • MAC Lipglass "Explicit"

9 comments:

Summer Darling said...

Hi shelly,its a good idea to ask your sister to get you some of these babies,a secret that your hubby won't get to find out..hahaha..i like the idea..

My-My said...

That IS Twilighty! I LIKE!
I'm with you on make up amnesia. LOL. I have one to many of the same eyeshadows (and I mean like, by quads and collections). BLAH!

hanidee said...

Beautiful, beautiful look! I absolutely love the lashes! I adore Illamasqua too! Pixiwoo did a great job and recreating Dystopia! Sad that Illamasqua only has two vids up, lol. You should definitely try their Satin Primer and cream blushes. But if I were you, I'd stay away from their eyeshadows. Some of them are a bit chalky and not that pigmented.

NicRTV (陳亞任) said...

Thanks for sharing the Illamasqua video...i really enjoyed it....I like how u recreate the looks....:D

Joyce said...

that's an awesome video!

Unknown said...

gives you such captivating eyes! love it!

XRocksmama said...

I'm tempting to try Illamasqua too since Sephora just start carrying it. You did a great job for the look, love the lashes, very pretty!

Shanghainese Dumpling said...

Love your latest look :) So pretty!!1

krissy ♥ said...

ooh this is fierce!