The main purpose of putting on a foundation primer is:
- to prep skin for application of foundation. It does this by creating a smooth canvas to work on - filling in wrinkles and smoothing out fine lines.
- It also diminishes the look of enlarged pores but covering and filling in uneven skin texture.
- Another good thing is it reduces shine on oily skins and can sometimes even out skin tone. For drier skins, it helps to keep it hydrated throughout the day.
- Primers also helps to keep your makeup stay on your skin longer with less need for touch ups.
- Finally, you will end up using less makeup because instead of your foundation absorbing right into your skin, the primer acts like a base for your foundation to adhere to.
- Missha Perfect Cover BB Cream #23
- MAC Moisturecover Concealer
- Laura Mercier Mineral Powder
Pictures were taken at 7am, 10am and 3pm for photos 1,2 & 3 respectively.
Philosophy Never Let Them See You Shine
My favourite primer ever! This product is very light, fast absorbing and soothes the skin so its great if you have red, inflamed areas. My makeup looked even and flawless without the caking but it doesn't cut out shine completely (I don't know if any primer can help my oily t-zone!) but it certainly does help your makeup stay on long. I like using this when I have bad breakouts and it works wonders on flaky bits on the skin so your makeup looks smooth.
I hope this review will help you find your perfect primer! If you have any recommendations I would love to hear it! Have a great weekend:)