You need a bit of confidence to carry off the red lip. I am a big fan of the look but I find it is high maintenance as I can be messy when I eat! (I love food too much to worry about my make up!)
However, I do use red lipstick for those special occassions like a girl's night out where there isn't a lot of eating involved. Here are some tips I use to prevent looking like Joker!
- Use a neutral lip liner to create a clean line. Make sure you fill in your lips too.
- To prevent bleeding around the edges, powder around- not on top of your lips.
- A creamy or matte lipstick is better for a strong red lipstick look.
- Choose red lipstick with blue undertones to make teeth look whiter.
- After you apply your lipstick, blot and powder and apply another layer to make it last.
- Stick you finger into your mouth and pull it out (like your sucking your finger) to prevent lipstick getting on your teeth.
- Smile and check your overall look. You can use a bit of gloss/shimmer to make your lips larger as red lipstick tends to make lips smaller.
- Use a straw when you drink so you don't ruin all your hardwork!
If you have any great tips please share with me!