Saturday, July 4, 2009

Shu Uemura Cleansing Oils




I am currently using Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil -White Recovery EX Brightening (the blue-coloured packaging) and it takes off all my make up without the dryness factor you get with other types of cleansers. An added bonus is you don't need a separate product to take off your eye make up. So I save heaps on eye makeup removers and cotton pads. The cleanser is oil-based and it can be used on any skin type including acne-proned skin. I thought it would make my skin break out but instead it improved my skin texture and clarity.


The cleanser uses a different type of application method from other products. You need to start with dry hands and pump the product into your palms (approx. 3 times for heavy makeup). Apply directly onto your face and eyes. Massage into our skin and make sure all make is dissolved. For your eyelashes, uses your fingers and gently rub until your eyelashes feel soft. At this point you might look a bit scary with all the makeup and oil mixed together on your face.


Next step, wet your hands and massage into your face and eyes. You should see that the product is emulsifying and turns a white colour. Then simply rinse off with luke warm water.


TIP: Wash your face before you shower as the hot water will dry your skin.


Shu Uemura just came out with super cute packaging for the cleansing oils (Tokyo Kamon Girls Collection). Designed by famous manga artist Moyoko Anno, each bottle has its own unique character and design. Now problem is, how do I get my hands on these?!



1 comment:

Imo said...

WOW that cleansing oil sounds great! I like the fact you dont need separate eye makeup remover. Im going to make my way down to space NK to get some asap! LOL