Thank you Eki! I love all your work:)
Friday, July 31, 2009
Thank you Eki! I love all your work:)
Tuesday, July 28, 2009
Love you baby! :P
A new makeup range created by Cristina Bartolucci, founder of cosmetics brand DuWop famous for her "Lip Venom"- the very first lip plumper in the market which spawned a whole new industry of lip plumping products. A special Twilight edition of the Lip Venom will be coming out with half the tube resembling blood- scary or cool?
Twilight Beauty consists of two collections: Luna Twilight & Volturi.
Luna Twilight is the glamourous one out of the two. I love the lipstick! Here are some of the names from the collection-"First Light Body Glow," "Mortal Glow Blushing Creme" and colour palettes in "Bella," "Rosalie," "Alice" and "Victoria." Sounds so exciting!
Volturi is the "darker" side and if you've read the book you'll know what I mean. They are a pack of powerful vampires who are most feared by all vampires and the range includes "Deity Body Lotion," "Immortal Body Shimmer" and the "Crown Mascara" (above pic) and they sport the Volturi family crest on the packaging.
The official website is Twilightbeauty.com but its not up yet- boo hoo! They say it will be out around the same time as the movie "New Moon"- I don't know which one I am more excited about! I'm already hyperventilating as I write this! :)
Back to work again and still got a bit of the flu so its was a bit of a struggle to roll out of bed and put my makeup on! So here is my super dupa lazy makeup look! Sorry my eyes look abit funny here! I did get up early:P You can do this is 15mins including my hair- it's just a high ponytail:)
- Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturiser (Oil Free)- I decided to give this a go again and its actually quite good! But I still prefer my Missha BB Cream.
- Laura Mercier Mineral Powder
- MAC moisturecover concealer NC20- I got bad dark circles from lack of sleep! So this was my saviour!
- Covergirl Tropical Fusion E/S Palette
- Bobbi Brown Gel Liner in Black Ink- I put on a thick line with cat-eye wing to give my eyes a lift that it desperately needs!
- Covergirl Lashblast Mascara- I put three coats on.
- MAC Hello Kitty Beauty Powder "Fun & Games"
- MAC MSF "Soft & Gentle"
- Kits Cosmetics Lipgloss in Dream catcher
Finished! Ready to face the world:)
Since I am down with the flu, I haven't been doing much cooking lately. So to add something to my "Lazy Cook Series" I am going to share with you one of my favourite youtube cook- Cooking with Dog! It's a bit weird....ok its very weird- but it has some great recipes. Just ignore the dog whining in the background! I think its hungry:)
My favourite one is this recipe- the omelette and also there is a strawberry dessert that I tried out and it's delicious!
Monday, July 27, 2009
And here is the famous Nasi Lemak with fried chicken. I love this one- I can eat this everyday! I always order this with my favourite....Kaya bread (coconut jam) Must be toasted! Yum Yum Yum! I can't get anything close to this here in Perth. I try make it myself but it's just not the same. :( I am counting the days till I go again- in September...I can hardly wait!
There are different types of eyeliners that you can use and each have different application techiniques. Personally, I love gel liners as they go far and never smudge throughout the whole day. Here is a list and you pick what's best for you:)
Pencils- this is great for the smokey eye effect and its easy to apply. Just make sure you set it with powder (ie. eyeshadow colour that matches the pencil) to prevent smudging. My fave is Rimmel's Black Kohl Liner.
- For a more intense look layer your liners. I usually start with a pencil to get a rough guideline and then apply my liquid or gel liner over the top. Then finish of with a shadow liner to keep in place. You keep repeating this process till you get your desired effect.
- For smokey eyes I stick with pencils and shadow liners- they are easier to smudge.
- Make sure you don't have any gaps between the lash line and the liner. Fill the gaps with powder liner in the same shade or use tightlining techinique (applying really closely to lash line and makes your lashes look thicker).
- If you have dark circles, stick with liner only on top lash line only. Apply concealer right up to your lower lash line and apply mascara only.
- Thicken your liner towards the outer edges. This gives the eyes a lift. I love cat eyes!
- Make sure you sharpen your pencils regularly to clean them and soften the tips before you apply it by rubbing with fingertips.
Oooops, I also got this jacket. It fits me like a glove and looks so cute with the bow:) It was on sale with extra 20% off sale price- now how can I refuse? You guys understand right? ehhe
Sunday, July 26, 2009
I have tried some of Benefit's best sellers and they all impress me so far:) Here is a list that I highly recommend:
- Smokin' Eyes Kit- It's got the whole kit for creating smouldering, smokey sexy eyes. Includes a brow kit too complete with instructions!
- Eye Bright Pencil- It's a matte pink pencil for brightening up your eyes. Don't let the colour scare you- just blend it in for a quick pick-me-up!
- Erase Paste- I haven't tried this one but I hear it's a goodie. Even doubles as a eyeshadow primer! Use in conjunction with.....
- Powderflage- This comes in a cute little pot and its a silky powder that sets your concealer under your eyes. Prevents creasing too.
- High Beam- Love this highlighter. Gives instant superstar glow. Put it on cheeks, nose brow bone and temples.
- Posie Tint- Doubles as a lip tint and blush. Such a gorgeous pretty pink colour!
- Dandelion, Coralista, Hoola & 10- I must say, all their cheek colours are amazing. I use dandelion nearly everyday!
- Lipstick (Skinny dip)- I love this neutral pale pink colour. It's smooth and not too glossy. Very pretty colour for day.
What's your favourite Benefit product?
Thought I'd share this video with you guys. It's really not my thing- I don't think I will be able to pull it off without my fiance laughing at me. I'd probably laugh myself! ahha This hair guru on youtube has the most beautiful hair. She makes this look simple but I tried it myself and all my layers stuck out and wasn't smooth looking like hers! Anyway have fun with this:) btw, she doesn't speak english but I think its quite self explanatary.
Saturday, July 25, 2009
Here is a sneak peak into my wardrobe! I know- its totally messy and so small! I am running out of rack space! I was forced to hang my fiance's shirts and all our jackets in the spare room in order to make space for my dresses and all my "dressy" clothes. It's a mix of brands but most of them are from Alannah Hill- I love their frocks! Here are a few of my favourites!
The white dress is a Willow dress- very pricey but I adore it! I don't have many white dresses since I am quite a messy girl but it was love at first sight when I saw this in the window. I bought a pretty alannah hill belt in cream with diamentes to match the dress. Excuse my messy hair and makeup! These were quick shots (after work!) for my wedding photographer- he wanted have an idea of what I wanted to wear for the engagement shoot.
The black dress is my fiance's favourite at the moment. It's from....you guessed it- Alannah Hill! Love the flower detail in this dress.
I bought the strapless navy blue dress from MNG for half the price and also lucky to get it in my size! It's so kawaii! I haven't worn this dress yet but I plan to once the weather warms up.
The cream dress is another Alannah Hill frock that I bought especially for my sister's wedding dinner and it makes you feel extra sexy! I love the sweetheart neckline and the unique design of the tulip skirt.
This one -also Alannah Hill, I bought it for my sister's Hen's Night! (My sister's wedding was a great excuse to buy all these pretty dresses!) ehehe Anyway it was a burlesque theme so I paired it with this hat! hahha Actually, I got it for my sister to wear! It was quite popular amongst the girls that night:)
I am loving this scarf by LV! It just gives your outfit a bit of punch and looks damn good! It's a bit of an investment but its something that you will wear again and again- Sienna Miller is seen everywhere in it! I probably can't find it in stores here in Perth but I will start looking for a cheaper version!
My friend got me something cute from Korea today! She's so sweet:) She just had a quickie wedding in Korea- she emailed me a day after she left for her vacation and said she decided to get married in 3 weeks time before she comes back!! I am in awe of her abilities! Not a small wedding too- 400 guests and she managed to do it all!
Anyway, she got my Missha Perfect Cover BB cream which I use nearly everyday and a couple of boxer shorts! Its for me and my fiance- its so cute! Although my fiance wasn't looking forward to wearing it at all! hahha
Friday, July 24, 2009
Applying bright hot pink lips is great for a night out! Wouldn't try this for day:) Here are my steps for applying any bright coloured lippie and getting that full lips look without a lipliner!
1: Apply powder around your lips - NOT on top of your lips. This will prevent bleeding of lipstick.
2. Get a gold shimmer shadow such as Stila "Oasis" or MAC "Goldmine" and apply this to your cupid's bow and center of your lower lips for a great highlight.
You can stop here and just apply lipgloss and you're lips will look nice and full already! But read on if you're game enough to wear some hot pink!
3. Apply your lipstick straight from the tube or if the lipstick has lost its sharpness, then its best to apply with a lip brush to get a perfect edge. Wipe the edges of your mouth to clean it up. Then pop your fingers into your mouth and pull it out (to avoid lipstick on your teeth!)
Reapply the gold shimmer highlight to your top and bottom lips. Don't apply too much on the outer edges otherwise you might look like you're drooling or just ate some KFC chicken!
MAC Hello Kitty Lipstick "Straying"
Rihanna has a more fuschia colour on her lips. You can try Revlon Wild Orchid!
TIP: Apply your foundation and makeup first before applying bright lipstick. Applying foundation after your lips will mess up all your hard work!