Saturday, August 29, 2009

My HG's & Some Handy Beauty Tips


Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil: Can't live without this product! Cleans ALL my makeup off in one go and doesn't dry out the skin.
Rodial Glam Balm: I bought this on ebay since its from the UK and was recommended by the Youtube Gurus "Pixiwoo" and I love it! I put this on at night, every night and my skin feels so much smoother. I wish it wasn't so expensive!

Bobbi Brown Gel Liner:I can't live without this! I use it everyday and I want all the colours! It stays on all day and doesnt smudge. Easy to apply and lasts a loonnngg time.


Pink Blush: I love all kinds of pink blush but I have to say the best is the Benefit Dandelion. Just the right amount of shimmer and the most gorgeous pink colour!


Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation: I think Laura Mercier makes the best foundations and powders. I got this one in Medium Ivory and it's just so creamy! I find other types of foundations cake around my nose and lips so I need something creamy that I can just simply rub back into my skin during the day instead of powdering on top which makes it more cakey!


Laura Mercier Undercover Pot Concealer: The most convenient concealer around! One side is a more thicker consistency for concealing blemishes and the other is a creamier concealer for under the eyes. Under the two concealers is a powder! Genius I say! It'e better than MAC studio fix concealer by far!


MAKEUP FOR EVER Smoky Lash: I know I have been raving about all types of mascaras lately! But at this moment I am loving this one:) It gives my lashes length and volume and looks so dramatic! I have to buy another!

Applying Mascara:

Open yor mouth slightly when you apply your mascara. You feel like a goldfish but it will stop you from blinking and getting your mascara everywhere except your lashes!

Make Blush Stay on Longer:

Layer your blush! I put on a cream blush, then top with translucent powder and then layer with a powder blush.

Define Eyes Naturally:
Some people don't like the obvious line around the eyes so I suggest applying your liner very close to your lash line. You can use powder/pencil. I use my gel liner but the most natural will be powder but not as long lasting. Apply by pushing the colour into the lashes and smudging it slightly.


Removing Clumps from Lashes:

Hate the clumps after you applied your mascara? Just get one of the diposable mascara wands or a clean mascara wand brush and place it above your lashes and rotate the wand to brush out the clumps. Keep a finger under you lashes to catch any residue. Reapply mascara until you get the effect you want. If it still clumps- you need to chuck it!


Hide the Pimple/Scar:
The best concealer for pimples, blemishes and scars that are difficult to cover is the Dermablend cream concealer. But if you can get something that is a creamy, thicker consistency it should do the trick. You only need a small amount and just build till you get the cover you want. Firstly, put the product on the back of your hand and use a concealer brush to dab a small amount and push it into the skin rather than rub it in. Then set with powder. Repeat this process if you need more coverage.

7 comments:

Catherine said...

Ooh, love your favs & tips. =)

eki said...

great favs and tips!! XD

twinsouls888 said...

great products, very nice tips ^_^.

BTW, you have an award on my blog, please check it out tnx ^_^

Htmhtm said...

thanks ^^ i was looking for a concealer that was better than mac yayy! i will give it a try at sephora =)

Anonymous said...

i actually need a new concealer, and i think i might try the Laura Mercier Undercover Pot Concealer now :)

sizbelle said...

love your tips its really nice, i'm just waiting for my KOSE oil cleanser to hit pan (which is very soon) then i'll try on the Shu oil Cleanser...

Manju said...

thanks so much for the mascara tips! thats really helpful ^^