Monday, August 17, 2009

Wedding Inspirations



I have only 5 months left to plan my wedding in Malaysia. Can't belive I left it till now when I had a whole year to do some serious planning! That's the lazy bum in me. It's funny how you get so excited about other people's weddings but when it comes to your own, I just can't get the motivation? I think it's a case of stress, indecisiveness and also the fact that all my friends know that I've been literally planning my wedding before my fiance proposed to me! I have wedding magazines since 2003! I especially love the Martha Stewart Weddings magazines. So many pretty inspirations! Here are some of my inspirations!

It's pretty easy to see what theme I am going for (Alice in Wonderland!) and I am loving the purple & red palette. I love pink but I wanted something a little bit different. Something pretty & quirky! I mentioned before that my bridesmaids will be looking like Alannah Hill girls! Bright red/pink lipsticks with flowers in their hair and pretty shoes and dresses. I hope they don't mind doing something a bit different for just one day! :)

Now that I have found a theme- I think I got enough motivation to do some more planning!

15 comments:

Diane said...

Great wedding inspirations. I love the purple and red palette idea, it's different yet still sophisticated. You are such a Alannah Hill addict, I love it. OMG! You only have 5 months left? Get to it girl! Haha, I planned my wedding in 4 months so I know it can be done.

HT said...

You're getting married in Malaysia? So cool! My dad is from Malaysia... the last time I visited was probably 3 years ago. :(

emimonster said...

i know someone who had their bridesmaids wear bright pink and it looked SO pretty in all the pictures. very classy and cute!

noone said...

hehehe I was about to say "holy alice in wonderland!" then I relize that that's the theme you're going for, awww great minds think alike!! :D Hope you have a great wedding I'm sure it's going to be special!

MilknCookiie said...

Loving the theme and everything! ♥ I can tell that it's going to be great already. :)

Rhania E. said...

wow, dear send me your email address so i could send you some pictures for more ideas =) i love weddings!!!

♥akisa♥ said...

haha I had a feeling you'd go for pink. If you're into unique wedding themes, check out http://theunbride.net The photographer's own wedding was a sensation~ Very untraditional yet striking~

Becky said...

all those inspirations are gorgeous!
i love all the colour~~
good luck on the planning!

Anonymous said...

I love what your are inspired by. Your wedding is in Malaysia - how nice! Is it true that Malaysian weddings continue for a week and do you have seven wedding dresses to wear? I am interested to know, because I think this would be a true fairytale wedding!

Funkiimonkee said...

Akisa: Thanks for the link:) Its not up yet tho:( Sounds very interesting!

Diane: I am going for a traditional chinese wedding but it doesn't go on for a week! ahahah I would like to have some time for my honeymoon! hahaha Will definitely do post after the wedding so you can see what chinese weddings are like:)

Witoxicity said...

Good luck with the preparations! You've got such a lovely theme and the purple/red palette is fab.

M. said...

Awww! Good luck with it all! I'm sure it will all turn out amazing in the end. Can't wait to see pics in 5 months!

Chenni said...

I love the Alice in Wonderland theme.

Dree said...

ooh purple and red, great choice! those pics are fab. good luck! x

EL said...

Hi, I came upon your blog when I was googling for Sheila Liaw. I immediately recognized you from Louis Pang's red shoe wedding post. You are stunning! I am thinking of having my wedding in Tanjung Aru too, can you share your experience? I'm getting little frustrated about weddings in KK where they can't satisfy you for what you want,especially the set up and deco! Btw, I am planning my wedding overseas too!